DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Monday, August 27, 2007

TWICE BITTEN, NOT SHY

Besides the heat, you know why I HATE summer? Bugs. I can't stand all the creepy crawly things all over the place. And twice this weekend, I had an up close and personal encounter with two of my least favorite in the bug world.

On Saturday, I woke up with a GIANT, SWOLLEN, RED BUMP on my arm. Of course, it was red because I was scratching it relentlessly, but it almost warranted a trip to the ER for some drugs. Luckily for me, Dr. Mom was on the scene and diagnosed it as a spider bite. Let it be known that spiders are my LEAST favorite bug. I have nightmares about spiders. And now one's left it's mark on my arm.

Sunday, I was outside cooking some chicken on my grill when I felt something on my leg that hurt like a mo-fo. At first I thought a flame got me, then I realized I got stung by a bee. I had DUNGAREES** on, so this little shit flew up my pant leg and bit me! As soon as I realized what it was, I felt it crawling dangerously upwards to say hi-dee-hi to the whoo-dee-hoo, and I was like OH, HELL NO! BEES: NOT INVITED!! I jumped up and down until it fell out then I stomped on it and yelled out loud, "Take that motherfucker!" Thank God no one was around to witness that because I looked a little cuckoo. And now I have another large, red welt on my thigh.

You'll be happy to know that despite the bee incident, the grilled chicken salad I made was deelish. (recipe: cubed grilled chicken, halved red grapes, diced onions, diced celery, fat free mayo, and Nancy's Sharp and Creamy mustard. YUM.)

Completely unrelated: I think WAYNE BRADY would be a kick-ass competitor on Dancing with the Stars. Someone should get on that. And by the way, unlike the bees, he'd be INVITED.

Related in a weird way: Remember HER?

**Sue and I are trying to bring that back into style!

Labels: ,

Posted by Taunia @ 9:31 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh my! Wayne Brady would be AWESOME on Dancing with the Stars! I can't believe it hasn't already happened.
Erin from Iowa

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 3:24 PM #
 
<< Home