DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

AAA - I'M SHOCKED

Any time I've ever had to call AAA, it's been with complete frustration because I know that I'm going to wait a MINIMUM of 1 hour, but more likely 2 or 3. In fact, the last time I had to call AAA, I waited FOUR HOURS. I'm not even joking.

This morning, I had to call them because I have a flat tire. Luckily for me, the tire blew out AFTER I had come home and parked the car in my driveway, so there was no waiting on a road somewhere. Still, I braced myself for an all-day wait.

I called at 9:30. In literally ONE MINUTE, the dude was in my driveway. SAY WHAT? Somehow, I had incredible timing and called just as the AAA truck was already in my neighborhood towing another car. Not only that, but the guy was young and super-friendly and talkative.

He changed my tire in about 2 mins and I gave him a $5.00 tip. The whole thing from beginnging to end - phone call to him jumping back in the truck - took FIVE MINUTES.

I figured I bitch enough about them when they take forever, I should certainly give them kudos when they do it right. :)

Posted by Taunia @ 6:43 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Nice! What a way to start the day. :)

How in the world you waited a few days to make the call is beyond me, though! I'd have been climbing the walls. Glad you're mobile now.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:18 AM #
 

i called aaa once when i had a flat in my driveway and they said they'd come the next day, because i wasn't in danger of being killed on the side of the road.

so i offered to push my truck into the middle of the fucking street and asked "so, do you think that'd put me into some danger and you can get your fucking asses out here to fix my flat? i pay for the membership. it doesn't matter if my car is on the side of the road, in my driveway or on my damn roof."

the woman hung up on me.

heh.

Posted by Blogger Christine G. @ 6:28 PM #
 
<< Home