DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Monday, April 21, 2008

LOUD NOISE BOTHERS ME

Dear Neighbors,

I really like you folks - you're really nice and friendly! And despite the fact that our houses are only separated by 15 feet and a driveway, we are able to maintain our privacy. It's ok, we've worked together and we're doing well. Up until today.

Now, you know that I work from home, and that I teach private voice lessons from my home. You also know that I have two very loud and yippy dogs who bark relentlessly when provoked. That's why I'm a little upset that there was no mention of what would be happening today.

At 8:00 am today, my grumpy ass was woken up by louds boys, and the sound of very large objects being tossed into a large empty dumpster right outside my window. Do you know what happens when very large and heavy objects get thrown into an empty dumpster? They resonate. Loudly. Very loudly. Especially when it's right outside in the space of 15 feet.

What would have been nice was to know this was coming. You know, so I could makes plans to either cancel lessons or work somewhere else - like the middle of the highway where it would be much less noisy. Instead, I had to work over loud boys, loud things being tossed, loud music, loud ripping, loud everything. And since my surgery, I can't have coffee, so I'm a little more than peeved that instead of a well-brewed java, I woke up to clanging and banging.

Unfortunately, this brings back memories of my old asshole neighbors who did everything they could to annoy the shit out of me at every waking moment. Perhaps I'm transferring some of my anger onto you. But the problem is, just like my old neighbors, I have no idea how long this noise will last. Or how long it will be until I'm so pissed that I have to go over there and ask through gritted teeth.

The thing is, I *know* you're nice folks. I just can't understand why you wouldn't have mentioned this on one of the numerous times we've said hello in the past couple weeks? It makes me want to open all my windows and blast my Barbra Streisand Broadway album at 11. Becuase that's one higher than 10, you know.

Anyhoo, I think I forgive you, unless this goes on all summer, in which case I'll probably hate you. But it looks like they got a lot done today, so I'm hoping for the best.

Your self-employed neighbor who works from home all day,
Taunia

Posted by Taunia @ 3:03 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Neighbors that close can never be a good thing. Trust me, I know firsthand.

Posted by Blogger SignGurl @ 5:03 PM #
 
<< Home