DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

THE 40 LB DIFFERENCE

Ok, so I've been feeling a little blue about the slower weight loss the past couple weeks, so I thought I'd give myself a little visual of the difference 40 lbs has made.

The first picture is me at 303.2 - taken from a video on youtube (no, not my most flattering shot):




The second was taken today, wearing the same shirt, at 263:




I'm feeling a lot more positive about my loss now. :)

Posted by Taunia @ 2:56 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Your such a beauty at any weight!

You know that was the only way I could see my weight loss. I had to take a picture. Guess the proof was in the picture.

Looking good. Keep up the great work. :)

Posted by Blogger Susy @ 3:13 PM #
 

W.O.W. big difference not only physically, but spirit-wise. You look tired and 'blah' in the first one, and really peppy and happy in the second. Great side effects to inherit along the way! I'm glad you're feeling better about your loss - you should! You are working hard, and are inspiring to me. Remember to keep track of all the other health benefits (just like this!) in addition to the scale so that you have something to lean on during the times that the scale won't show you what you want. --cyn

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 5:30 PM #
 

You look SO GREAT!!!! I have been watching your YouTube vidoes for a little over a month while I reserch my own options..I LOVE your positive spirit and appreciate you posting your journey! :) Crystal (skin&nails)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 5:40 PM #
 

WOWZA! I knew you were looking and feeling great, but the side by side comparison is somethin' else! You look gorgeous as ever.. Now just becoming a dinky diva.

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 6:02 PM #
 

Awww, thanks so much everyone! Despite what the scale says, I *know* things are changing because my clothes are getting MUCH looser. And seeing these pics made all the difference in the world in my attitude as it's a real visual of my progress that the scale isn't offering now (damn that scale!). Thanks again for your support! :)

Posted by Blogger Taunia @ 6:16 PM #
 

Dear Taunia,
Yes of course you look great in the 2nd pic,a whole new person, radiant inner light, blah,blah,blah but for pity sake couldn't you have at least straightened that room? Cleaning isn't a mortal sin you know?
The hospital I work in now no longer does gastric bypass or stapling but gastric banding. I know they tell the patients that they should lose no more than a pound a week. So as we nurses say just have a little patients (get it? patients not patience)

Posted by Blogger royhinkleyphd @ 8:15 PM #
 

ha ha ha ha! i love roy hinkley's comment about your room. heh. totally killed me.

you are fabulous, no matter what your size... but i'm happy that you are FEELING MORE fabulous with each passing photo.

keep that shirt, and keep taking that shot in that seat, and then make a lil' progression movie over time.

that'll be a fun project.

Posted by Blogger Christine G. @ 8:29 AM #
 

Sometimes it's difficult to look PAST the numbers and look at the real evidence!

Loose clothing - amazing!!

Picture perfect ;)

Posted by Blogger GF @ 6:20 PM #
 

You are just an all around gorgeous woman, no matter what weight. I'm so happy to see your excitement with your awesome weight loss.

Huge hugs,
Jenn

Posted by Blogger SignGurl @ 5:28 PM #
 

um...chyaaa....i'm SAYIN'...k?
lerve,
susieQ

Posted by Blogger susan karim @ 4:25 PM #
 

You look great!

Also, We had surgery on the same exact date! So I am excited to see your progress! you can watch mine if you feel like it!

www.transforming-aj.blogspot.com

Posted by Blogger AJ @ 5:11 PM #
 
<< Home