DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Friday, March 14, 2008

THINGS THAT ARE (AND ARE NOT) HAPPENING

*STILL WAITING for my surgery date. This is seriously nervewracking. All my paperwork is at insurance right now, and if they don't approve it, then months and months of doctor's appts, bloodwork, testing, etc, has all been a complete waste. The crappiest thing about this, though, is that I basically have to drop everything and go to the hospital when they tell me too (assuming that I get approved). I have to go in for pre-op testing (bloodwork, etc) and then a pre-op visit with my surgeon (who I sadly found out is a taken man - dang!), then the surgery of course. I expect that all of this will happen somewhere within the next two weeks. BUT I HATE THE WAITING!!!!!

*I recently purchased two new makeup items which I LOVE:

I heard all the hoopla about the magic of Bare Escentuals, and I finally bought into it. Considering it's just foundation, $60 was a little pricy. BUT, you get free shipping and free samples of other cool stuff when you buy it at Sephora.com. Here's what you get: 2 vials of foundation, 1 vial of "warmth" (which gives you definition), 1 vial of "mineral veil" (which gives you brightess), 3 brushes, a vitamin moisturizer, and an instructional DVD.

When I looked at the stuff, I thought there was NO WAY that this would give me adequate coverage. I gotta tell you, though, it looked great. I hate foundation because I can't put it on right and always get "ring around the face," but this was fool-proof and looked pretty fantastic. My only gripe is that they tell you you can use it as concealer too, but for gals like me who wake up with circles so dark that it looks like two black eyes, this doesn't make the grade as concealer. And that brings me to the next thing I bought:

This is Benefit's Boi-ing! Concealer...and I swear to you it is the nectar of the makeup Gods. I have never, ever found a concealer that works as well as this stuff does. It's like spackle for my undereyes! The description on sephora.com said: An industrial strength under eye concealer that eliminates darkness and imperfections without creasing or looking heavy. This stuff really works! Holy smokes, they weren't kidding. I adore this concealer.

*My dog Serena is FINALLY better...only $2000 to get her healthy after adopting her. The last trip to the vet was a "check-up" on her ear infection. I had paid over $100 for her medication that she took for two weeks, and the vet swabbed her ear and found all this gooey green stuff - which nearly made me lose my liquid diet shakes. She put her on MORE medication, did a culture, and $305 later sent us on our way. She looks like she's feeling much better now, but of course we have to do a final check-up to make sure. Thankfully, Julip's been keeping herself out of trouble so I don't have double financial duty with them. Having a dog is EXPENSIVE. Having two? Priceless.

*My girls A,C, and S are putting together a website devoted to us living life and living healthier! We're all approaching weight loss and health in a different way, and hoping to use the website as motivation and keep a record of all the things we want to accomplish. I'm just really excited about it. It's really easy to get swept up in the "let's go out to eat" thing for entertainment - because it's easy and social, but now we're going to focus on activities that get us outside, moving, and LIVING. I'll keep you posted on that when I finish the site!

*I've also been writing, writing, writing. Working on lots of original material. Some good, some awful. I've got this whole "comeback" thing planned for when I lose all of my weight. It involves a complete overhaul of my website, new photos (obviously) and a music video to promote the new show I'm writing. I'm really excited about getting onstage as a thinner gal - and just having a whole "new me" package. Of course, the "new me" won't be debuting until like 2009, but still...

That's about it. I'll let you all know when I FINALLY get the surgery date scheduled! Fingers crossed!

Posted by Taunia @ 8:29 AM