DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Monday, March 24, 2008

SURGERY TOMORROW! (a lot can change in a week)

Of course, right after I wrote last week's journal entry - everything changed.

I got a call on Tuesday stating that they had some surgery cancellations, and would I like to be scheduled for surgery on 3/25/08? I said yes. And that's tomorrow.

HOLY CRAP.

I went in on Thursday for my pre-op meeting and testing and I spent 5 HOURS at the hospital (a lot of it was waiting around) and then another 2 hours driving in. UGH. Then, that evening, I got a telephone call saying that they might have to postpone my surgery because my white blood cell count was high. Meaning that I had infection - somewhere.

Friday, I get the call to come back into the hospital for MORE testing, MORE bloodwork, and to pee in a cup. Turns out that I had a urinary tract infection - although I had NO IDEA because I had no real symptoms. Crazy. So they put my on antibiotics. I also had a bad case of gout, and since they couldn't give me anti-anflammatories, they put me on VICODIN. Ooooh yeah. Good stuff. I've been sleeping for about 3 days straight now.

So the surgery is back on - no problems. I have to show up at the hospital tomorrow at 9:30 am, and my surgery is sometime around noonish, I think. I'll be in the hospital until Friday, if everything goes as planned.

I'm feeling relatively calm, which is kind of amazing. I mean, there's a little nerves, but more than anything, I'm just excited to finally do this. I mean, my entire life is changing tomorrow. Crazy.

Anyhow, if you pray or are into putting good thoughts out there, I'd really appreciate it. :)

See you on the healthy side!

Posted by Taunia @ 7:27 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Hooray Ms. Diva:

I was getting a little anxious; after all those wonderful posts (that are so helpful; Thankyou!) and knowing that your surgery was imminent, I was a bit concerned when you dropped off radar so suddenly. Glad to hear it was due to the Vicodin induced comma (I'm a Valium girl myself). However, I digress...
I am so excited for you and your surgery. I have no doubt that it will go smoothly and that your recovery will be fine. You have your friends and loved ones surrounding you with love and support. Additionally, you have all of us on the great, wide "interweb" sending you prayers and good thoughts. You are young and healthy (think of those lungs!). Plus, you are positive and happy - so your mind and heart are well prepared. Hooray!! You're doing it!
Metamorphosis couldn't happen to a more deserving, more lovely human being.

Posted by Blogger TulaBean @ 8:35 AM #
 

Ms. Taunia,

I'll be praying for you tomorrow and sending all good vibes your way. You are in for the ride of your life, but one well worth the trip.

Let us know how you are doing when you are able.

Huge Hugs,
Jenn

Posted by Blogger SignGurl @ 4:11 PM #
 

Love the statement- See you on the healthy side! All will be good.
Be looking forward to your next post. Blog about how your feeling and what your going through cause you will forget and it's nice looking back and seeing what you were feeling later. Good Luck!

Posted by Blogger Susy @ 8:09 PM #
 
<< Home