DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, March 02, 2008

SOME UPDATES

Just thought I'd check in with some updates. Nothing earth-shattering, just what's happening:

LIQUID DIET: I've lost 12.6 lbs in 9 days. I have 5 more days left before I check in with my dietician. I'd like to lose 1 more lb per day, but we'll see if my body cooperates. At any rate, I feel great despite being hungry. Have a lot more energy and happy to have my clothes fit a bit better.

DATE/CRUSHY BOY: No email, no phone call. Last I spoke to him was Wednesday and it's now Sunday. Sadly, I'm pretty sure that means it ain't happening. This is why I hate dating. I'm SO emotional that when I like someone, I get so hopeful and crushy and emotionally invested that when it doesn't happen, I just feel totally and completely crushed. I probably shouldn't have initiated anything considering how much other emotional stuff I'm dealing with because of the surgery, but what's life without taking chances? I told him how I feel, and I never regret doing that because at least I'm honest.

TV: Jen, I swear to God, I'm working on it. lol

YOUTUBE: I am in love with youtube. I know it's a bit narcissitic and self-indulgent, but I absolutely love being on there. It's connected me with so many other people who are going through what I'm going through, or have already gone through it. You don't realize how important it is to have that kind of support and understanding. My friends and family support and love me, but no one REALLY gets it like these total strangers who have become my friends on youtube. I'm really glad I made the decision to document my stuff there and get involved with that community.

That's really it for now. I check in with the dietician on Thursday, and from there I schedule the surgery, so I'll know pretty soon. My whole life is changing this month. Really overwhelming, but amazing.

Posted by Taunia @ 11:09 AM