DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Saturday, December 08, 2007

PARTY GIRL

Tonight was our friend Charlie's annual holiday party, and we all decided to do it up and dress to the nines. I bought a cute knee-length black dress and wore heels for the first time in about 6 months. (OW! My feet and knees!) I decided to try something a little different with my makeup and hair after I had found this adorable gal on www.youtube.com:




She's a 25 year old singer-songwriter and makeup artist in Australia, and she's just cute as a button. Even better, she has some seriously great videos on how to create different looks with makeup. They're easy to understand and fun! I decided to do the "Pin-Up Girl" makeup and make my hair super curly. Here's the final product:




Of course, I did both my hair and makeup at 7:00, and it's now 2:00am after I've just gotten home from the party. In any case, I didn't use the makeup she used or I would have spent a small fortune at M.A.C. Instead, I bought the cheaper drugstore makeup and I think it really makes a difference. Nothing special about my makeup here. Boo.

But I gotta say, I think my hair looks hella cute....and I did that all on my own! lol And now, I must go to sleep and when I wake up, it should look pretty horrific. You won't get to see that picture. :)

Posted by Taunia @ 11:06 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Is it wrong to say that you looked totally cute?? Even at 2am, you're rockin' it.

Great video. Can't wait for my transformation. ;)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:40 AM #
 

HAHA! I really do crack myself up. Even this morning, I looked in the mirror and said, "At 8:00 am, is it wrong to say that I STILL look totally cute?"

I have not showed today and I have some seriously big hair!

Check out the rest of her videos, and let me know which one you want to do. I think the pinup girl look on you would be so cute!

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 12:22 PM #
 

showed=showered

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 12:22 PM #
 

oops...forgot to mention, you can search her videos on youtube using askmemakeup

Posted by Blogger Taunia @ 5:38 PM #
 

We should all be lucky enough to be inspired to ask that question when we look in the mirror! (Is that so wrong?!)

I checked out the pin-up video and will look through the rest this week. I have the Stila Kitten eyeshadow she mentioned, so I think we're off to a good start already! Yahooo Kitty!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:11 PM #
 

You looked great and I'm sure that you still do! :-)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:31 AM #
 

Aww, thanks Jen! I'm dying to try out all the makeup looks on my friends. Bring that face over here! lol

Posted by Blogger Diva Taunia @ 8:46 AM #
 
<< Home