DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

MY HANDS HAVE BEEN SAVED!

A little recap of the past few days:

Friday Night: I hung out with the girls at Miss Aimee's pad in Brighton (which I am totally coveting). We ordered pizza and were supposed to watch a movie, but we basically just talked all night. It was a nice relaxing evening, and I even got a free sample (from Aimee) of the moisturizing cream that has saved my poor, dry winter skin:



I cannot explain to you how much I love this product. First, it feels like I'm dipping my hand into a tub of cool, creamy frosting. Next, it's non-greasy and none of the irritants that usually bother my skin are in it. It's just a smooth cream that performs a miracle on my craptastic winter hands. I'm a convert. I will never buy another hand moisturizing product as long as I live!

Saturday Night: The annual "Diva Voice Studio Holiday Concert." I always forget how much organization work it is to put on a student concert. There's the actual TEACHING part, then there's booking the room, putting together the order of the show based on the numerous requests of students, creating the program, buying the decorations and various necessities, booking the room, setting UP the room with tables and tableclothes and candles, hanging the decortions, setting up and checking the sound system, getting the students sound checked, setting up the ticket tables, running sound, etc,etc. There's NO WAY I could have gotten this all done without my friends Aimee and Cynthia - who totally kick ass. They got there early and stayed the entire time to help me with everything. I paid them in a little cash and a chinese food dinner, and I am endlessly appreciative for their help.

And here's a cute little picture of me and one of my students right after the concert:



HAHA. Look how cool I am. Instead of the "ROCK!" symbol, I did "I love you" in sign language. I truly am the coolest teacher ever.

Sunday: I was feeling pretty lousy this day. In a ton o' pain, but I cleaned my house a bit and put up some of the decorations. Including my tacky white tree, which I have decided to tackify even more by adding white feather boas as garland. I went to a craft fair and saw this pink tree with feathers and I've been obsessing over it ever since. So, I'm just going to create an even tackier white tree and that should make me happy. You know, it ain't the holidays without my bad taste. :)

Monday: SNOW. I thought I might die. My body was still in pain, but I went outside and snowplowed for my uncle and neighbor and then took care of my walks. Luckily, my next door neighbor has a plow, and he took care of my mile-long driveway for me. Yay neighbors! Even though I'm in pain, I do love the snow. It's just so PRETTY.

So there's the weekend wrap-up. Nothing really fascinating going on other than the skin healing on my hands. Hope you're all enjoying the snow. :)

Posted by Taunia @ 6:28 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I'm so glad you like the Cetaphil. It's miraculous, isn't it? I find my skin calls out for it after awhile.

Last weekend was quite divalicious. Sorry to hear you weren't feelin' too hot Sunday. Hopefully you're on the mend now.

Your tree sound fab! Can't wait to see it.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:04 PM #
 

I'm thinking I actually may need to pick up some Eucerin or Cetaphil for my skin which has been rash-y since Xmas break.

btw, $$ and chinese food will buy you anything from me! OK, really it's the Chinese food...

c

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 4:04 PM #
 
<< Home