DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, November 18, 2007

SERENA IS HERE

I cannot believe how quickly this happened. A few days ago, I just started keeping my eyes open for a companion dog for Julip. I never really had the urge to get another dog, but I felt like Julip was depressed sitting around all day while I worked, and that she needed a friend.


So I started looking on Craigslist and through the shelter's and found Serena, a five year old rat terrier:




(Julip is a rat terrier too) I checked with my vet and she said they make good playmates for each other. So I contacted the agency, filled out an application, and BOOM! She was adopted by me - today.


The thing is, I feel GUILTY. Julip is totally confused and I can tell a little upset with me. I just hope that they get more comfortable with each other within the week. I asked the shelter if I could have a week to see how it goes with them and they said that was fine. Right now, they're still feeling each other out, and competing for my attention. It's cute, but awkward, because I want Serena to feel comfortble, but I don't want Julip to get jealous and upset.


But they ARE super cute together:




We'll see how it goes. I don't know why, but I wanted to cry when Serena got here. It just felt weird after 2.5 yrs of just me and Julip to have another dog. But it's all up to the Queen. If Julip likes her, she stays. If not, luckily there's a lot of other folks on a wait list for her. She's really sweet and loving, so I hope they hit it off. We'll see how this week goes.

Posted by Taunia @ 2:02 PM

Read or Post a Comment

She's a cutie! Good luck. Can't wait to hear how the week goes.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:36 PM #
 

She is super-cute and really good dog. But I don't know. Julip doesn't seem to like her much at all and is not only staying away from her, but me too. I'll give it a few more days, though. Just a big adjustment for us both.

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 11:42 AM #
 
<< Home