DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Monday, November 19, 2007

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Today I had my first consult appointment with my surgeon. I already knew what he looked like and that patients really loved his demeanor from www.obesityhelp.com. Last week at my support group meeting, an older lady was talking about him and she said, "I'm in love with him," and we all laughed. But let me tell you something, so am I.

He was sweet and understanding and non-judgemental. He wasn't condescending in any way, and was just really excited FOR me that my life was going to be so different. He was funny and we joked with each other and really hit it off. And he's just so CUTE. I seriously fell for him and although I know I can't say a word about it right now (so I don't jeopardize my surgery!), mark my words that I *will* be asking him out when my surgery is done. I'm sure lots of women go in there and get all ga-gah over this man who's changing their life, but I really did feel like we hit it off. I could be totally wrong, but that's fine. I'm in love with my surgeon. I'm ok with that.

There was one awkward moment when he said he had to look at my stomach and I freaked out! I was NOT prepared for that happening and I told him that. He laughed and said, "Taunia, I'm going to have to see your stomach at SOME point," to which I remarked, "Yes, but I was hoping I would be out cold under anesthesia when that happened." I left out the part about me having an instant crush on him too. That was probably one of my finer moments of judgement. Anyhow, he told me I had nothing to be embarassed about because I was a beautiful girl and I great singer. That helped, but still, I covered my face with my hands like a little girl because I was so embarassed.

And no, he has no wedding ring. I don't know how that's possible because he's a total catch in every way: good looking, sweet, kind, funny, clearly intelligent. PLEASE GOD, let him be straight. For once in my life, please let the good looking, sweet, kind, funny and intelligent man be a STRAIGHT GUY. (Don't get me wrong ladies. You know I love you. But Diva needs some sugar!)

Ok, I need to go back to being all googly about my surgeon. *sigh*

P.S. No surgery date in sight yet, but I have a hella lot of tests to take on 11/28

7:45am Check in
8:00am Arterial Blood Gases and Pulmonary Function test
EKG
BLOODWORK
CHEST X-RAY

I get out of the mammogram because I'm under 40. Yeah, baby! After that, 2 nutritionist appts, then a pysch test, then they schedule the surgery. Looks like *hopefully* it will be late January, early February. Just in time for my 36th birthday. I have a feeling Soderfest will be held at Boston Medical Center this year. :|

Posted by Taunia @ 7:26 PM