DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

WHOLE LOTTA PEDRO TODAY!

Today, I found out that our review of Cocktail Napkin came out on RARB. Overall, I think it's a pretty kick-ass review! You can read it here:

VFP REVIEW ON RARB.ORG

What I also found out is that TWO of the songs I wrote with VFP are nominated for awards! NICE!! I had no clue, but it was a really nice surprise. They're up for CARA awards, which are the big a cappella recording awards. Here's where we were nominated:

Contemporary Pop/Rock Original:

*Cement – Cluster from Cement
*Do You Trust Me – Vote for Pedro from Cocktail Napkin
*I Shall Be Free – Kid Beyond from Amplivate
*Way Past Down – Hookslide from Bump It Up
*Whispers – Transit from Transit
*You Need to Know – M-Pact from M-Pact

Contemporary Pop/Rock Cover

*Can’t Stop Thinkin’ Bout You – Firedrill! from Rock Paper Scissors
*Home – Transit from Transit
*Knowing Me, Knowing You – baSix from Star People EP
*Summertime – The House Jacks from Get Down Mr. President!!
*Summertime – Vote for Pedro from Cocktail Napkin

(obviously I didn't write this one, but I wish I had!)

Humor Song

*The Hurricane Song – Hotshots from Another Bad Idea
*Tall Dark and Handsome – Vote for Pedro from Cocktail Napkin
*I Got Mail – The Richter Scales from We Hate A Cappella
*Ebay – U of New Hampshire Not Too Sharp from Not Too Sharp

Now that ain't a bad way to spend a Wednesday! Reading some nice reviews, and finding out your stuff is liked. Makes me all warm and happy!

Labels: , , , , ,

Posted by Taunia @ 1:21 PM