DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

BALUGA & DEATH BY CHOCOLATE


Last night I joined Cynthia, Brian, and some of Brian's co-workers at the pub down the street from me for "Trivia Night." I had never been to one before, but being the major geek that I am, I was super-excited about it. I used to be the Queen of useless knowledge, and I haven't tapped into that in a while, so I was curious to see how much trivia was still stuck in my head.

We dubbed ourselves "Trick or Trivia," which we all thought was cute but in hindsight: lame. Anyhow, we pulled through on some questions. I got "What novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne wrote about Hester Prynne?" (Scarlett Letter) And I also got "What 1991 Barbara Streisand movie was produced by her and also starred her?" (Prince of Tides). So I still had a little in there. Yay brain!

Brian's coworker Chris go this one: "What whale based in Antartica is the same name as the Russian word for white?" BALUGA. We were duly impressed by his correct answer and kept shouting that all evening. It was a good, geeky time.

In other news: I have broken into the Halloween candy and confirmed that I have ZERO will power. I bought a few bags about a week ago thinking that I should get the good stuff now before it runs out. Yeah, get the good stuff, Fatty McFatress! Get the good stuff so you can EAT HALF THE BAG BEFORE HALLOWEEN!!!!

Dr. Hess cannot carve me up like a turkey soon enough.

Posted by Taunia @ 11:02 AM