DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Thursday, August 16, 2007

EVEN SOMETHING SMALL

It's pretty easy to forget how good we have it. Sure, we've got troubles, but sometimes you forget just how insignificant they are by comparison. I read this article about the horrific rapes in the Congo and how rape is being used as a weapon of war. I was literally brought to tears when I read about what happened to these women. And it made me embarassed of the stupid things I get upset about.

Sometimes it can feel overwhelming to try and help. You think, "I'm only one person, what can I do?" It's also easy to either look away or forget. But I can't do that. I think everyone can do something...even something small like telling others. That's what I'm doing. Telling you. Even a small contribution makes a difference, and if we all make a small contribution, it adds up to something big.

Please read the article (linked above) and then make a small (or large) donation HERE. Donations are tax deductable.

I'll also put the graphic links on the left navigation bar if you choose to make a donation in the future.

Money isn't anything. Kindness is. Let's all do something small to help.

Labels: , ,

Posted by Taunia @ 10:47 AM