DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

CRUSHY BOY, WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?!?!

Ok, so I've had a mad crush on this guy who works at the health-food place next door. I think he's not the type of guy anyone would expect me to go for: he's YOUNGER, got lots of cool tattoos, smokes, and I *think* may still in college. If I had to guess, I'd say he's about 25 or 26. There's just something about him that I'm really drawn to. He's always very friendly and has the greatest smile, and I can tell that the core of who he is is a genuine and sweet person...it's just so apparent in his character and demeanor. I'm totally smitten with him. Um, ok Mrs. Robinson.

The thing is, back in December, I went in there and went right up to him to tell him I was having a party and that "everyone" (meaning HIM) who worked there was invited. I gave him my business card which had all my contact info on there...and then hoped for the best. He never came to the party. In fact, he never even asked about it. And he also never contacted me in any way. I think it's pretty clear he isn't crushing on me like I am on him. :(

Even knowing this, just being around him and seeing him makes me happy. So now I make a total obvious fool out of myself and go in there almost every day. Now clearly, I'm not a girl who eats health-food. It's pretty obvious why I'm in there every day, and even though it's not reciprocated, he's always incredibly sweet to me and puts up with my crushy antics.

The good thing? I'm eating a LOT healthier these days. The bad thing? I'm spending like $40-50 a week just to see (for a moment or two) a guy who's totally NOT into me.

It's kind of nice to have a crush, though. But still, I wish he liked me back. I feel like I'm 16 all over again. I sound like it too.

Posted by Taunia @ 11:56 AM

Read or Post a Comment

It's been ages since I've had a crush like that, and I miss the sweet buzzy goodness of it... [sigh]

Not only are you eating well, but you're filling yourself with good thoughts, emotions, etc -- and that can benefit you on all levels.

Plus, he may not admit it, but my guess is you make his day too -- I mean who doesn't dig a little extra attention and admiration?

I say CRUSH ON!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:24 AM #
 
<< Home