DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, December 03, 2006

SUCH A SCAM

Ok, this is my first official "hate" post about the city of Lowell. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love where I live. My street is gorgeous and has an old-town village charm to it now that it's all decorated for the holidays. (I'll take some pictures soon.) But I thought I'd be safe here from the greedy, scum-sucking crap in areas like Boston. And I'm not.

Last night I went shopping and bought a TON of stuff - including my Christmas tree. Because I was going to have to make several trips upstairs, I wanted to park close to the building. I tried to find a meter spot outside the building but they were all taken. I decided to quickly pull into the lot behind the building which is owned by a dentist. It was 9:30 at night, so I KNOW no one was working.

I was upstairs for a maximum of 10 mins. I came downstairs to see a tow truck pulling out of the lot with my car and I chased it halfway down the block screaming. He saw me too - just kept driving.

They have one VERY small sign in dark red on the top of the building posted that's barely even visible at night. In addition, there was NO ONE in the building AND no one in the lot. I wasn't bothering a soul being there, so you know this tow company made a deal with the dentist's office for a commission of tows. The basically just cruise around looking for someone to tow - instead of there being an ACTUAL problem that someone from the dentist office calls in.

I called them and I had to pay $120 to get my car out. WHAT!?!? How the fuck do they get THAT rate? It's so fucking arbitrary! Before he said $120, he said, "umm...you're looking at about $120." ABOUT $120? So, did you flip a coin or something to come up with that?? AND I had to pay it in cash.

To make matters worse, my car was towed literally 1.6 miles down the street. For that, there's a $90 charge. They there's some bullshit $30 storage fee on top of that. It's SUCH a scam and pisses me off to no end.

Anyhow, I got my car back and now I'm out $120 on my already tight budget. Bah Humbug.

Posted by Taunia @ 12:57 PM