DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, December 17, 2006

HO! HO! HOOOOOLY HAPPY WEEKEND!

This past weekend ranks up there as one of the best!

Saturday night I had my holiday party. I was a little nervous at first because the party started at 7 and at 7:30 there were only about 6 people there: me, my mom, my dad, our neighbor Paula and Cynthia. But shortly after, the folks started pouring in and at one point, I think we had between 40 and 45 people up in there!



We had people up singing karaoke and making merry all night - until 1:00am! It was again another successful party. During the course of the evening, one of my neighbors said to me that I was really lucky to have so many great friends - and I wholeheartedly agreed with her. I really AM lucky. All of the folks who came last night are good, kind, and fun people. I really am thankful that I'm surrounded by that kind of love.

There was a TON of food and drink, and after the party was over, I realized that I have about a case of beer and ELEVEN BOTTLES of wine! I'll drink the wine over time, but I don't drink beer, so I need to give that away pronto. I'm pretty sure I won't be weighing in this week since I have about a truckload of fattening and tempting foods in my apartment right now.

If you're interested in the slideshow photos of the party, go HERE.

I finally got to bed around 2:00am, and woke up around 9:30 to clean today (Sunday). After that, I stopped by my neighbor Amanda's place because she was having a jewelry showing. I'm usually pretty wary of homemade jewelry, but her stuff was GORGEOUS! And fairly inexpensive. I got a necklace, bracelet, and earrings for $80.00. You can see her stuff www.amandahosmer.com. Support the arts and buy some jewelry!

After that, I had to go to Wellesley for a gig. Last year I was hired by this great couple to sing at their holiday party and they invited me back again. I did the gig with my friend Jim Zaroulis - who's a kick-ass pianist and a good friend of mine.

The thing I love about Jim is that we can go months without doing a gig together, but we've been playing together for so long and know each other so well that we're like a well-oiled machine that just always runs smoothly. But I have to say, we were ON for this gig! We worked that crowd and they were not only up singing and dancing, but laughing all night too. We just had so much FUN that it didn't even seem like work.

The hosts were so amazingly gracious they just seem like old friends now. They love us being there, and it makes me happy that there are people out there who still get joy from having live music in their home. Not only that, but the pay kicks holiday ass. lol Jim and I left there just saying over and over, "what an awesome gig that was!"

What a weekend. Filled with friends, love, and music. Life is really, really good sometimes, you know?

Posted by Taunia @ 9:37 PM