DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, November 12, 2006

MY NEW HAIRCUT & MY NEW, UH, ART

Well, I tried out the new salon I told you about before, and I LOVE it! Regina (the owner) is awesome and really knowledgeable about products and hair in general. She asked me lots of questions about the history of my hair, and made sure that I loved it before I left (which I did). She even called me a few days later to make sure I was still happy with it! Now THAT is customer service, and she will definitely keep my business.

I decided that this year I'm going to do homemade gifts for everyone. And that means lots of new paintings (and other things)! Some of the stuff I'm doing isn't half bad - although others are quite bad - so at the very least, it will be a funny gift. Here are some of the new paintings I've done. Starts off poorly, but I have to say...I'm getting a little better each time I paint something:



I did this one with my neice Litah in mind. The brush I was using for the petals sucked, and so the painting ended up pretty lousy. Luckily, she's only 8, so I don't think she'll be too discerning.




I don't hate this one, but I also don't love it. I was experimenting with pinks and golds and ended up with a very girly-plaid picture. I can't think of anyone I know who screams "girly-pink plaid," so this may not be a future gift. lol




This I actually LOVE! I needed something for my two front walls, and this matches the color scheme perfectly. I also love that I was able to make it look rounded. It's really not anything fancy, but it looks pretty good on the wall it's on.




This is opposite the polka dotted painting, and they offset each other pretty well. Don't get me wrong - I know this isn't great art, but I made something that I'm happy with on my walls thaat looks pretty cool. And it was inexpensive. Yay!




Ok, come on. You've gotta admit, this one's not horrible! I liked this one so much that I did a second, similar one:




See? I am sucking less these days. I mean, my painting still sucks, but it sucks LESS, and that's good! By the way, all the dots are glitter. I'm still on a glitter craze, yeah.

My biggest issue is that I can't seem to keep my wrist and/or sleeve out of the paintings, and I end up getting a smudge in just about every one. So I just decided the smudge is my official signature. :)

Posted by Taunia @ 6:04 PM

Read or Post a Comment

LOVE the hair! We'll have to schedule a spa day soon. I am really needing a hair cut.

J

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 5:56 AM #
 

Well, I'm going to go back in December if you want to go then. We can make a day of it - grab some lunch and hit one of the cool museums! And thanks, I like to cut too!

Posted by Blogger Taunia @ 7:35 AM #
 

wow - these look great, taunia! btw, your face in the haircut picture looks great - it's slimming down, baby!

cyn

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 2:36 PM #
 
<< Home