DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

LOFTY BLONDE AMBITIONS

Well, my loft is working out very nicely. I guess all that Feng Shui stuff works since my space is really motivating me to be creative,active and peaceful all at the same time. Just rub my belly and call me Budda, yo!

PAINTING:

I know that you've ANXIOUSLY been awaiting the new installments of my painting. And yes, please note the dripping sarcasm there. Like it or not, here they come:

TRES MAL


What can I say? It's way cheaper to paint something and hang it on my wall then to spend money that I'm trying to save. While I love the color scheme here, I'm not happy with this set at all. Save for the middle yellow photo - which was a big accident, but I kind of like! Since I have zero shame about my painting, I've just hung them up on the wall for everyone to see.


PINK NIGHTMARE


The name of this is actually a joke. I did this for my friend Kendra's birthday present. (Don't worry, I gave her a real present of a check in a card too!) A few years back, my friends Brian and Amy visited Kendra in Kansas City when she was living there. Brian joked that one night Kendra came out in full-out pink satin pajamas, and he said he thought he was having a "pink nightmare." It was all in good fun, and we still laugh about it.

MUSIC:

I love, love, love my tech support job. I can't say that enough. I'm enjoying the work, and I'm making a good chunk of money to comfortably live off of and pay all my bills. I'm very thankful that I found this and that I'm FINALLY getting to a financial place that affords me some peace of mind.

The only drawback is that I feel myself slowly drifting away from music. I'm working a gazillion hours each week, and I feel like it's dominating my time (minus my painting time, of course). So, I decided to not only continue booking more gigs for the band, but to start a house concert-type series in my loft. And so, the 303 Loft Series was born:



I am hoping that I've put together a good idea here. The way I have it set up:

-Resident Artist: a resident of the Ayer Lofts gets their own set for 20 mins.
-Feature Artist: a professional act gets a 45 min feature set
-Open Mic: afterwards, the floor opens up to performers

I have yet to know if it will be successful or not, but I'm hoping that it will draw a nice community of people and allow me to keep connected with the music. You can also see a full listing on Sonicbids here: SONICBIDS 303 LOFT SERIES and also see the website at www.303loftseries.com.

If anyone has any useful suggestions to help make it run smoothly or draw a good crowd of people, I am ALL ears and would appreciate it!

WEIGHT LOSS:

Just weighed in tonight and lost 2.6 lbs. That brings my total to 9.2. I'm so focused on that fucking 10 LB BOOKMARK now. It's a stupid bookmark, but I WANT IT. And as I said to C tonight, I will get it next week if it kills me.

But I'm very happy that I'm sticking to this and feeling good and positive about my progress and my commitment to being healthier. Overall, I'm pretty darn happy right now. I feel like I'm working hard in a lot of areas to keep myself focused financially, creatively, and physically, and I'm damn proud of myself for that.

So I'm happy, but I'm also grateful. I'm grateful that I've been lucky enough to find opportunities and friends and experiences that keep me sane and grounded. And I'm thankful for Julip, who's a puppy - but my best pal. And I'm thankful that I'm still young and healthy enough to make this work.

Life is good. And now I must go to bed. And I'm happy and grateful that I can start work a little late tomorrow if I want to sleep in! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by Taunia @ 8:57 PM