DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, October 01, 2006

GIRL'S GOT GAME!

Last night, I went to my old-school poker game and hung with my boys from the early days of poker. These are the guys who taught me to play the game. Although they're always hysterical and fun, they're also hard-core and serious about the game. They play higher stakes than I like (last night was $2/$4 and I usually play $.50/$1.00 at home games) and they also play other games I'm not as strong on like Omaha, Razz, Stud, and Hi-Lo (I'm a Texas Hold Em girl). The buy-in was also high: $60.00. (Whenever I have a home game, it's a $20.00 buy-in.)

But no matter, because I tore it up! I worked those boys for every penny and they were PISSED and I was loving it! They underestimated me, and I used that to my advantage and by the end of the night, they had realized that I had just taken them all by playing smart, but acting like the clueless girl. It was a beautiful moment, I tell ya. I bought in for $60, and left with $210.00. In 5 hours (including a 30 minute break for dinner), I made a $150 profit. That's $30 an hour, folks. Whoo hoo!

I was proud of the fact that I was the only girl and walked away with all the money. Women can work the card table too, yo! I love me some pokah!!

Posted by Taunia @ 4:36 PM