DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Friday, October 13, 2006

CRAIGSLIST WHORE

I fully admit it. I am a Craigslist whore. When a single girl has to furnish an apartment and work the few dollars she has, Craigslist is a life-saver. I even got my tech support job on Craigslist. Anything you need, you can find there!

I just bought a new coffeetable yesterday from someone on Craigslist, and I love, love, love it! I got it for super-cheap, just like everything else in my apartment! But I gotta say, most of the stuff I got is quality - not crap. I'm so happy with it all:

THIS END UP COFFEE TABLE - $40


This was being sold by a woman in Concord. She was originally selling it for $50, but I talked her down to $40.00 because I could pick it up immediately. It's EXACTLY what I wanted: a good sized, flat top table that would be convenient for board games and appetizers when friends are over. Plus, I just love the way it looks. It's a really nice-looking table.


TAN LEATHER COUCHES - $60.00


When I was first moving in, I was frantic because I *really* needed couches and didn't have a lot to spend. I decided to just buy something cheap until I could buy a nice, new set in a few months. I'm not in love with these, but they're fine for now. Because I have Julip, leather is so much easier to clean and doesn't collect dog hair like fabric couches do. This was sold by a REALLY HOT GUY in Marblehead. I wanted to take him with the couches too.


FUNKY LAMPS (2) - $15


I didn't really NEED lamps, but my friend Michael has two cool lamps in his bedroom that I loved. I realized that I don't really think about detail furniture and decorations that much (I truly suck at interior decorating), so I just started poking around for lamps. I found this right in Lowell for $15, and I couldn't be happier with them. Not only do they look really cool, but they give off a soft, warm light that makes me happy when they're on in the evening.




KITCHEN CART AND BREAD MACHINE - FREE!!



I needed a kitchen cart for extra counter space and found this practically brand new cart in the free section! This was literally 5 mins from my house to pick up. The other item is a bread machine. I've been wanting one for a long time, but knew I wouldn't use it enough to be worth the price of buying it. When I saw this listed for free on Craigslist, I scooped it right up!

I've given away a bunch of stuff too, because I think I have better Craigslist karma if I give and receive. Plus, it saves me from having to lug my stuff to the trash!

I loves me some Craigslist. Now I'm off to place an ad for my dad's business! And maybe check out the free section....

Posted by Taunia @ 10:59 AM

Read or Post a Comment

You're an inspiration! I clearly need to check out Craigslist more often. Not that I really need more stuff, but I *do* love a good deal! Speaking of love, that living room rug is pretty fab too!

I should probably introduce myself -- I'm Aimee. Been reading (lurking) here for a while and never knew quite how to say hello. A compliment seems like a good way to start though, no? I really enjoy the site -- you seem like a cool girl and a lot of fun.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 9:55 AM #
 

Awww, aren't you nice! Thank you for the nice compliments! And anyone who still refers to me as a "girl" gets major bonus points in my book. lol

I actually got that snazzy rug at Target on sale for $24.99. I'm the cheapest mo-fo you'll ever meet, but I can find some swank bargains, baby!

Thanks for reading and for saying hello - I do appreciate it! :)

Posted by Blogger Taunia @ 7:59 PM #
 
<< Home