DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Saturday, September 16, 2006

WHO ARE THE PEOPLE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?

So far, I'm totally loving everyone in my building.

Just this past Tuesday, S&B from down the hall had a "movie night" at their place. They posted flyers in the elevators and in the lobby, and invited neighbors to come and watch - which I thought was really cool. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it because I was teaching, but I told S that, and she invited me to the next one. I think they are my favorite neighbors so far because they are social and nice and friendly.

There's a guy down the hall that I LOOOOOOOVE. He's SO handsome in a really artsy-fartsy-rock-star kind of way. He always says hello, and I know he loves dogs because he's got three of them and they're giant. I sort of like having a little crushy-crush on him, because I didn't know if he was single or not, but today I met his girlfriend/wife and she was sweet as pie. End crushy crush.

Then there's N who's just smitten with Julip and really sweet and friendly. M is a little kooky, but equally enamored with Julip.

A new guy just moved in a few doors down, and it was cute because his mom was all up in his stuff and saying hello to the neighbors. She came right up to me and introduced herself. She reminded me a lot of my own mom, actually.

I got on the elevator with this really, really tall guy today. He was handsome in a artsy-way, but he smelled SO strongly of pachouli - a scent that makes me want to shower with a scouring pad every time I smell it.

Overall, there's always lots of people out and about and most of them stop to say hello when I have Julip. I am thankful I moved here during the warmer weather so I have the chance to meet people.

So come on, people. Come and visit! Lowell is THE joint now!

Posted by Taunia @ 5:44 PM