DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Monday, September 18, 2006

ARTIST ENVY - PART II

Ok, so now that I'm in my swank new pad, I've started to get artist's envy again. You may remember me saying in a previous entry that when I was a kid, my plan was to be a famous artist. I took art lessons, won awards, all that shit. I just ended up being as good as I was going to get at 14. It was very tragic. And I moved onto music.

But now I'm in this artist's loft - surrounded by artists and tons of art - EVERYWHERE. I'm just feeling inspired to try it again. So what did I decide to do? Painting. The one medium that I was never good at even as a kid.

So I bought some paint and materials and got to it - most of the weekend. It was really, really relaxing, and guess what I found out? I SUCK. I mean, I'm truly HORRIBLE. But the thing is, I don't even care. It's mine, it's fun, and it's almost theraputic for me. So I hung those bad-boys up on the wall with pride.

As you can see, they're all abstract. And not on purpose. It's kind of amazing that I'm not mortified to show you these, but I'm not. I think it's kind of funny, actually. But I dig em. Because their mine!

PERSISTENCE


Ok, so I know it's kind of obnoxious to name lousy art, but I have to be able to refer to it in some way other than "Ugly #1." This was the first one I did. I have to say, I really like the colors I used, and I actually don't HATE this. I just don't really understand it, and I'm sure you don't either. I realized after I finished it that I had mimmicked some of the dotted lines from one of my favorite Dali paintings, "Disintergration of the Persistence of Memory." So therefore, I'm a fraud in even my crappy art!


MIXED QUESTION


At least the green is pretty, right? This was #2, just because I needed something to hang in my bathroom because I have a big, blank wall. At least it's cost-effective: cheaper than most things I'd buy. And more of a conversation piece, I suppose.


CELEBRATION


Now this is quite easily the ugliest of the bunch, and yet, I kind of love it! It started out this big yellow color burst, and then things went horribly wrong. But something about the insanely awful color combination makes me really love it. I especially like that I put a random pretty flower in the middle. I liked it so much that I even signed it. You know, for fear that someone might want to claim this as their own! (note: sarcasm)


UNDERBROWN


This is the last one I did, and I just finished it this morning. The weird thing is that even though these aren't very good, I feel compelled to keep at it. I suppose that with time my painting could become better, but even if it doesn't, that's fine by me. I kind of like this one too. When I painted it, I had the canvas horizontally, but then realized I liked it better vertically. Yeah, I totally did that on purpose because I'm very cool and abstract like that, yo.

I know you just can't WAIT for the next installation of paintings. Admit it! I know I can't! It's kind of fun watching what comes out - even when it's bad. So there you have it. There are my 14 yr old level paintings. Enjoy!

Posted by Taunia @ 7:21 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I love them all. I think you do too. I think thats why we can see them.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 5:53 PM #
 

I actually really like all these paintings, Miss T! I especially like the question mark one - particularly the colors - lime green and pink - perfect!

You should see the art I created tonite with my oil pastels. I call them "Shy", "Cliff to die", "big, bigger, and biggest brown", and "Money meteorology". They're quite...interesting.

Posted by Blogger Carrots, Anyone? @ 6:00 PM #
 

Carrots - Take pictures and post them! I must see!!!

And thanks for the compliments. I doubt anyone will be running to bid on these, but I am just happy to be doing something creative with my time!

D-Rock, thanks for the compliments. Guess what you're getting for Christmas?!? lol

Posted by Blogger Taunia @ 6:14 PM #
 

I like the paintings too. Celebration reminds me of a T-shirt that I painted for a class in high school. :-) And I love that you signed it Diva. HA!

J

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:46 AM #
 
<< Home