DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, August 20, 2006

MOVIN ON UP!

After narrowing it down to three really nice places, I decided where I'm moving to:



Want to see more pix? Go to my Flickr Page to see the condo pix and the street and area I'll be living in. The photos are a little out of order because I'm a dope and haven't figured out how to re-order the photos in Flickr.

I love, love, love this condo! It's an artist's loft and it's in Downtown Lowell - which is fast becoming a cultural mecca. The area is BEAUTIFUL, it's all cobblestone roads and funky latern-lined streets. Everyone who lives in the building is either an artist, musician, or arts lover and they all know each other and regularly have showings in the lobby/gallery area of each floor.

All of these things are either right in my neighborhood, or just steps away: Cafe Paradiso / Fortunato's Steak House / Life Alive Health foods-deli/ The Coffee Mill / Bombay Mahal Indian Cuisine / The old Court Irish Pub and Grill / The Dubliner Pub and Grill / Viet Thai -Vietnamese+Thai food (Sooo Goood) Haus (Unique Gifts) / Barns and Nobel books / Brazilian bakery / Many Authentic Diners / RRR Records (Great Vinyl Selection) / Revolving Museum / Quilt Museum / Lowell Telecommunications (Free Mulit-Media Classes for Lowell residents!)/River walk park (long walking area) / the new Tsongas arena.

I'm just really excited because I think it's such a funky and cool space, and I also think I'll meet a lot of new people and actually be involved in the community I live in.

Now the problem I run into is furniture! Since living at Suzanne's house, the only furniture I have is my bed, a butcher's block, and a kitchen table. I need to buy a living room set and a bunch of other things. But *that* is why I LOVE Craigslist. I am a Craigslist WHORE, and I'm sure I'll find a lot of what I need there. My big items:

*living room set
*bedframe
*console table
*ocassional and end tables
*funky lamps
*art for the walls (I'm actually considering investing in REAL art)

I'm in a whole new world here where I'm going to be renting a nice condo and I'll be doing fairly well financially. And it's all thanks to my kick-ass new job.

I'll be moving in on 9/2...yay!!!

Posted by Taunia @ 4:21 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I forgot to mention - there's an ELEVATOR from the lobby to my floor (and a ramp to the elevator!) AND CENTRAL A/C!!

How SWEET is that??

Posted by Blogger Taunia @ 10:59 AM #
 

sounds like an awesome place. i have always loved lowell. doug works there at a nursing home on varnum.

it's a good town -- good luck with your move. i hope your roomie won't miss you too badly. you seemed to have some seriously good times there at the house.

Posted by Blogger Christine G. @ 8:44 AM #
 
<< Home