DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, August 13, 2006

IT CAN TURN ON A DIME

My friend Susan always says that. She's usually referring to the "love life" dilemma, because she met her husband when she least expected it, got married fairly quickly, and couldn't be happier. Her husband Habib is one of the kindest, sweetest, and most honorable men I've ever met. Everywhere he goes, people just adore him.

Sue always says she thought she'd be single forever and BAM! they met and fell instantly in love. And believe me, he ADORES her. They have such a great relationship, and they encourage and challenge each other to be better and that makes them even stronger as a couple. So as Sue says, "It can turn on a dime!"

And it really can. My last entry was a "poor me" sad one, and I deserved to feel sad for a while because a lot of crappy stuff has happened. I know people who suffer from chronic depression, and I feel for them. For me, I get REALLY depressed, and then just need about a week or so to pull myself out of it. I'm lucky that I *can* pull myself out of it. Luckily for me, I'm able to see when the good in life happens - such as it did this week. It did turn on a time. Not the love life, but lots of other great things:

Lots of really great things are happening for the band. We got our first official CD review, and it was pretty damn good! You can read it HERE if you're interested. In addition to that, we're being featured on the front page of a brand new a cappella website: www.acatunes.com along with some big names like The House Jacks. Pretty darn cool!

We've also been agressively pursued by a Canadian Cruise Ship agency. They want us NOW, and they're paying big money. We had to throw together a quick cover-tune CD for them to shop us around with, but it looks pretty exciting. We would do short-run gigs, and they'd fly us to whatever destination the cruise ships were leaving from. We'll see what happens!

I've also been looking for a new place to live. Suzanne is doing lots of construction on the house, and I just need my own living space now. I decided that now that I'm making more money, I can afford to get a *nice* place. It seemed like most nice places were *way* out of my price range, OR they wouldn't accept dogs, OR my credit score wasn't high enough. Then I ended up finding two really great places, and both are interested in having me rent from them. There's one in Lowell that's an artist loft that I'm absolutely in love with, and another in North Andover that's a condo and feels like home to me - just from looking at the photos:



The gal who owns this condo has exchanged some emails with me and she's super-nice. I'm going to look at it when she gets back from camping(!) this week. Fingers crossed, because I love it.

I also got a fat raise from work. I've been working in tech support now for 3 months. I have to say, I thought I'd hate this job because it's, well, technical. But I don't, I LOVE it. And I'm really good at it. AND I work from home, make my own hours, and get paid a very goodly sum of money. This job is allowing for me to pay off my debt AND find a nice place to live. Yay!

So, things always DO turn around. My friend Christopher told me the other day that he always thought I was one of the luckiest people he knows, and you know what? I think he's right.

Posted by Taunia @ 6:16 AM

Read or Post a Comment

well, i say north andover so i can see you more often. you'll be close. and hell, that's a hella cool looking place to be.

as for the poor me entry, honey, sometimes just letting it out is alright. and that's... alright.

things do turn on a dime, and to add further cliche, there are peaks and valleys. and there are long stretches of flat farm land in the middle.

good luck with all the changes.

x0
cg

Posted by Blogger Christine G. @ 1:33 PM #
 

Awww, thanks Chris! I go see it on Thursday...and I have a feeling I'm going to love it.

I actually saw a HUGE place in Nashua yesterday, but I don't think I want to live in Nashua. It's far from everyone I love and I'll probably never get any visitors. Since I work from home, having people stop in every now and then is important to me. :)

But yes! We will definitely have to hang if I move to N. Andover. You know I'll be throwing a party at my sweet pad!

Posted by Blogger Taunia @ 10:06 AM #
 
<< Home