DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Monday, August 14, 2006

HOW COOL IS MY JOB (AND TECHNOLOGY?)

I've realized that one of the things that I love the most about my job is that I'm brushing up on my Spanish - which I haven't used for YEARS.

I took Spanish for about 5 years through middle school and high school. I always loved the language and used to be somewhat fluent in it. I went to college and from that point forward, I rarely used it, so my proficiency became less and less. Until now.

Most of my support work happens via email and live chat. Today I got a dude from Ecuador who spoke ZERO english, so we had to have the conversation in spanish. I opened up babelfish translator, but realized halfway into the conversation that I didn't even need to use it. I understood 90% of what he was saying. I only referenced babelfish when I wasn't sure how to grammatically respond back to him. And that, my friends, was a pretty cool revelation. My spanish is getting better and better through this job!

Of course, all I talk about is money and domain names, but hey...it's a good start!

Adios!

Posted by Taunia @ 9:59 AM

Read or Post a Comment

FORGOT TO MENTION:

There's an ELEVATOR in the building (I'm on the 3rd floor), I have CENTRAL AIR(!!!!), AND there's a gal who lies naked on her bed - when you look outside my window over to the next building. Now, I'm all hetero and what not, but who doesn't like to laugh about naked neighbors??

Posted by Blogger Taunia @ 8:05 PM #
 
<< Home