DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Friday, August 04, 2006

2006=200SUCK

Ok, I'm about to be all Debbie Downer, on y'all, so there's your warning.

I'm pretty spiritual, and I do believe that sometimes we're tested to make us better and stronger people, but I have to say 2006 is just a bit out of control. Sort of the LSAT'S of emotional karma. I do my best to remain positive and upbeat, but it gets tough sometimes. Over the past year:

-Breast Cancer Scare
-Very messy meltdown of my relationship with Bob
-My dad's very scary accident that he's STILL recovering from
-Colon Cancer Scare
-My grandmother died

Looking at the list, it doesn't look like much, but it's had a really huge effect on me emotionally. Now add to that: I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor yesterday and they've now referred me to G.I. where I'm going to have to go through another battery of unpleasant testing. They have to do upper GI (digestive, etc) testing now since I'm still experiencing serious vertigo and other unpleasantries. I feel like I should be on that show "House," because the things that are happening to me are serious, but no one can figure out what's going on.

It's times like these that I'm reminded how much it sucks not to have someone to lean on. Don't get me wrong, I have amazing friends who are very good to me, and of course my parents are unbelievably supportive and loving, but it's not the same as having a companion that you can feel comforted by. Generally I'm pretty ok about being single, but it would be nice to have a boyfriend who could give me a hug in times like these.

Sometimes I just need to vent about it so I don't go crazy. Because seriously, this year will not go down in history for me as one of the best. This too shall pass.

Posted by Taunia @ 11:01 AM