DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Friday, May 05, 2006

Negotiations & Holy Grandma!

In my last post, I told you about the email I sent to my new boss to negotiate my rate of pay. Well, I have to give myself a little pat on the back because the first thing my boss said in his email response was that he was impressed by how well I articulated myself in the email.

Apparently, I was persuasive. He countered with a figure we were both happy with, and also stated that on August 1, we'd renew my contract and if we're both happy with the work arrangement, he'd raise my pay to a figure that's $7/hr more than he originally offered me. Not only did I get what I wanted, but I got MORE than I wanted. Yee-haw!

I'm working as a consultant, and I get to work from home and work as little or as many hours as I want and can work it around my teaching schedule and gigs. This really is a dream job, and I'm thankful that I got it.
____________________________

I started my training this week, and we've been doing it online using SKYPE. This is a new messenger-type thing with crystal clear voice capabilities. I'm not kidding you, it's better than my cell phone. Best of all, it's totally free. Go and download that shit, yo. I'd rather my friends call me on that. It's better than the phone, and it's free!

____________________________

In other news, this little cutie pie turned 128 years old yesterday:



Can you imagine living that long? She was born in 1878. HOLY CRAP. To read all about her, CLICK HERE. Thanks to Jeannie for passing that along to me. I don't know that I'd want to live THAT long, but God bless her for having a full and prosperous life. And she's cute as a button, you've got to give her that. She inspires me to live healthier and better and longer. :)

Hope your weekend is full and prosperous and that you live it to the fullest!

Posted by Taunia @ 1:30 PM

Read or Post a Comment

congrats, baby!....and lerve to yer dad - again. -sk

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 6:44 PM #
 
<< Home