DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Monday, May 01, 2006

MY DAD & THE NEW JOB

It's amazing to me how exhausted you can become just from being emotional.

I cancelled all my lessons last week and spent all my time over at Lowell General Hospital helping my dad. Thankfully, he didn't need surgery for anything. That's about the only good thing right now. He's still in an incredible amount of pain and he's looks like he's lost about 20 lbs.

He was moved on Saturday to a Rehab, and he'll likely be there for the next two months. The doctors say he won't make a full recovery for at least 6 months, maybe even a year. It's pretty difficult. Here's my dad - this big, burly strong-ox of a guy, worrying about how he's going to make money since he can't work, and barely being able to move. It's depressing him and I can see it and it breaks my heart. Thankfully, my family kicks ass and we're all there all the time to keep him motivated and as happy as he can be in this situation.

At one point, I left the hospital to go on a job interview. I don't need a job, but I have a lot of free time, so I figured I could be making some extra money and putting it away. The job couldn't be more perfect: it's a work from home position doing tech support for a domain name registration company. I can make my own hours, and I'll learn a lot. I've been doing this sort of thing on my own for a while now, and I'm interested in technical stuff, so it's a pretty interesting job to me. Apparently, I was pretty interesting to them too, because I was offered the job. Now, I'm just trying to negotiate money. I just sent my new boss an email that I think was pretty strong (in terms of negotiating) and hopefully I'll get what I'm asking for. Now that my dad's not working, it would be good for me to be able to pitch in a little bit, so I'm hoping my email negotiating powers work for me.

So, fingers crossed for my dad's speedy rehab recovery, and for me getting this job with the money I deserve!

Posted by Taunia @ 7:55 PM