DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Sunday, February 12, 2006

THE JOY OF SODERFEST CONTINUES...



Tonight, after our BLIZZARD OF DOOM, I decided it would be in my best interest to go out and shovel while the snow was still fairly light. Because Suzanne is out of town and shoveling is never a pleasant experience for me, I decided to get it done.

So, in the dark at 8:00pm, I got the front stairs, walkway, and 3/4 of the driveway done to the end of the driveway - which is always the worst. There was about 4 ft of heavy snow piled up at the end and our driveway is about 12 ft across. I almost started to cry because I had been shoveling for an hour already, and I knew that my back was going to be in serious pain.

Across the street is the town salt reservoir. All of the big plow trucks are constantly going by our house to get more salt for the town. I was looking at the enviously (is that a word?) wishing I had a big mac with a plow on the front.

As I watching them all drive by, the hugest one stopped and asked me if I wanted him to plow the end of my driveway. I nearly cried. He turned his gianormous truck around at the end of the street, came back, and smoosh all 12x4 feet of snow into a giant pile on the side of the driveway. He was SO nice and friendly and he yelled out, "how's that??" I yelled back, "thank you SO much! You are my new best friend!"

He laughed and went on his way to finish working for the night.

I can't get over how nice that was of him to stop and help me - considering he had the whole town to plow. It really made my night, and just added to the joy of Soderfest.

So, thank you anonymous mac truck man!!

Posted by Taunia @ 7:10 PM