DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Thursday, February 23, 2006

FUN WORLD!


My 7 year old neice Litah is on school vacation this week, so we decided to have "fun time with Auntie Taunia!" And what better place to have fun than at FUN WORLD!

Fun World is located on the Daniel Webster Highway in Nashua, NH (exit 36 off Route 3N, then take a left and follow down for about 1/2 mile). I've driven by the building a bunch of times - it's a giant white warehouse-lookin' building with big rainbow letters spelling out FUN WORLD!

We went in and it was packed with kids. The great thing about it is that there's a ton of stuff for kids of every age. There was a small seating area where people could chill and eat hot dogs and stuff, there was TONS of video games for the teens, and tons of younger age, Chucky Cheese-type games for the younger ones. But the thing that made me happiest was the giant 2-story carousel inside the building. It was BEAUTIFUL, and Litah and I loved that. There was also a small-kid sized indoor roller coaster that Litah went on all by herself. That thing was FAST...and FLIPPY! She got off the roller coaster and screamed, that was AWESOME! Good thing, because Auntie Taunia got dizzy just on the carousel.

There's also a giant indoor playground that had one of those pits full of plastic balls. I *so* wanted to jump in there, but it was restricted against big people (people over 4'6"! not fatties)

We also got this charming picture taken. High quality, no? And how funny is it that my honkin' melon is taking up the whole picture? Like I pushed my neice aside and said, "move it, honey!" Honestly, I thought her whole head was in there.

We spent a good 2 hours there and could have stayed longer if they weren't closing up. If you're a parent looking for a fun place to take your kids, this is the joint. If you're a grown up with a video game addiction like me, you'll probably like it too.

Posted by Taunia @ 8:52 PM