DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

ASSORTMENT

This weekend, I found out that my dad made a deal with my mom: he would quit smoking if she would sign up for the gym with him, and they had to go 3x a week. She, of course, happily obliged and they have already been to the gym 3x! I'm so proud of them both, but most especially my father.

He was essentially given a death warrant by his doctor, and he tried to joke it off. Apparently, it really scared him, though, and now he's doing something about it - and I couldn't be prouder or more inspired by him. Go Dad!

_________________________________________________________

In other scary health-related news, my dad's dog Bailey had a major seizure this weekend. Turns out, he has epilepsy. My father said it was one of the scariest things he'd ever witnessed, and I don't doubt that. Bailey had the seizure the night of my birthday, and ended up having to stay overnight at the animal hospital in North Andover. We're pretty much frequent flyers there now, since Julip has visited them before for her chocolate overdose and threw up numerous times on their floor.

__________________________________________________________

Tonight I have an audition for a drag show. The pay is decent, and I think it would be super-fun. It would also confirm my appointment as the Queen of the Queens in Boston. I'm telling you, I'm getting gay-er and gay-er by the minute! Pretty soon, I'll be running a club in South Beach and throwing temper tantrums while being fed aspirin by my houseboy.

And speaking of gay....

We're 95% done with our album! As soon as it's finished, the album will be copyrwitten. Then, it is being shipped off to various radio stations. I'm doing a mass-marketing for my song "Gay Boyfriend," and also going to submit the sheet music version for inclusion in a few contemporary Cabaret songbooks.

It's gone over so well at our gigs that I think it has the potential to make me some money if I market it correctly. If anyone out there has some suggestions or ideas about that, I'm all ears.

Alrighty, time for me to be part of the world of the living and take a shower. Students this afternoon, then my drag audition tonight. Adios!

Posted by Taunia @ 8:59 AM

Read or Post a Comment

hey taun...since thee-ya ain't NO DOUBT that you NAILED the gig - lemme know when we are DOIN' the town as your drag hags!!!...can't WAIT!!!...ENCORE!
lerve and hurgs, thoozy

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 6:19 PM #
 
<< Home