DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Friday, January 27, 2006

CHINESE NEW YEAR


WHY am I still awake?? It's 2:30 am, and I have a hella day tomorrow. I have my student concert tomorrow night and have about 25 things I need to do before that happens. Instead, I'm uploading photos and writing in my journal. Nice!

Tonight I went to my friend Susan's house for their annual Chinese New Year celebration. They made and bought chinese food and it was YUMMY! Sue made the most delicious crab rangoon I have ever tasted, and I had plenty of them.

We also gave a little concert for everyone, with solo songs, a horrible duet of "lullaby of birdland" where neither of us could remember the words, and a fake-horn solo by Susan's best friend Michelle. A good time was had by all. They're good people and an awful lot of fun to be around.

But I'm up WAY too late and Suzy Q is asleep on my couch in preparation for her debut performance at the concert tomorrow night where she will, no doubt, bring down the house. But unless I get my ass to bed and get up at a decent hour, there will be no house to be brought down!

Anyhow, it's the year of the dog, so Happy Chinese New Year to you all. Pics up on Flickr. Enjoy!

Posted by Taunia @ 11:32 PM