DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Thursday, January 05, 2006

THE AVENUE I'M TAKING YOU TO

For Christmas, I gave my mom two tickets to see:



Admittedly, I've never been a huge fan of musicals, so I wasn't super-excited to go see this when she said she wanted to take me. There are always a few that blow me away (Chicago, Cabaret), so I was willing to go to this with an open mind.

AND I LOVED IT.

I knew quite a few of the tunes in the show, and the DANCING. HOLY CRAP! It made me want to run out and sign up for tap dancing lessons! The dancing was phenomemal. The group numbers literally had me on the edge of my seat.

There wasn't a lot of scenery, and there didn't need to be. The costumes were very ornate and they had a few props here and there during some numbers.

And speaking of props: here is a shout out for the gal who played Lolly Fleming. A big girl representin' that you don't need to be a size 0 to have a lead role in a show. Girl was dancin' and sangin' and workin' her thang!

I love when I'm very pleasantly surprised and end up loving something. This was one of those times. If you get a chance to see 42nd Street on the stage...do it!

Posted by Taunia @ 8:20 PM