DIVA TAUNIA'S BACKSTAGE PASS

Saturday, September 06, 2008

TURNING BACK THE CLOCK

One of my biggest fears with losing weight (besides the inevitable plastic surgery) was looking OLDER. For most of my life, I looked much younger than I was, but as soon as I hit 30 - WHAM! I was looking like a seriously old hag. After watching a lot of post-op videos and looking at post-op pics, I realized that I could be potentially setting myself up for early admittance into the old-folks home. That scared me, because if my fat was good for anything, it was good for plumping up wrinkles and acting as Mother Nature's botox. I saw too many photos and videos of people looking older, and I *so* don't want that to be me. Vain? Yes. I admit it.

This week has proven to be a huge ego boost for me. I've been mistaken for much younger than I am no fewer than three times. I had two auditions this week where I had to reveal my age. At the first one, the 30-ish woman standing next to me joked about the age section of the audition form and then watched me write "36." She literally gasped and said, "You're 36!?!?" I told her yes and she said, "I would have guessed 28." I told her she was my new best friend.

The next audition, I was joking with one of the younger girls in the dance audition that the young people had to be in the front. She said that I was not much older than her, and then I laughed out loud when she said she was 26. I told her I was 10 years older than her and she said, "Huh. I would have guessed 30."

After that, I was a Target talking with the cashier about something age-related, and she said something like, "you're far too young for that anyway." I told her I was 36 and she said, "Wow - I would not have guessed over 30."

NICE.

I also got a lot of comments about how much younger I look on my youtube videos, which is so nice. (Important to note: my video camera is pretty awesome at hiding wrinkles and signs of aging, though.) So I'm feeling much, much better about the aging thing. It seems like time might be going slightly backwards for me now, and I dig it.

Now, am I hearing what I want to hear? Probably, but I don't care. Youth is energy and outlook too, so I'm sticking with it. I refuse to look the part. Hair dye, boas, and all things sparkly for me, please.

Now if you'll excuse me, Hannah Montana is on TV right now.

Labels: ,

Posted by Taunia @ 10:29 AM

Read or Post a Comment

omg! You DO look sooooo young and tiny!! You are just gorgeous, as you always were.

Some of us get lucky and don't get the dreaded old hag look. If I could just get rid of these dark circles...

Posted by Blogger SignGurl @ 5:23 PM #
 
<< Home